Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Time flies when you're drinkin' beer!

I've come to a conclusion. There's not enough time in the dang day or enough days in the dang week! From a physical standpoint I don't mind being 41. Age is just a number, and you're only as "old" as you allow yourself to be. But how the hell is it that time continues to speed up at an exponentially greater rate than is humanly conceivable? I feel like I don't have nearly enough time in the day to get everything accomplished.

I mean, there's work to trot off to every stinkin' day. There's dealing with housely chores that spring up frequently and out of the blue. There's a 90-pound Malamute that needs constant attention and taking care of. There's enjoying time with my wife who is a saint for putting up with all my flaws and hobbies. Daily workouts to keep up with - what, you don't think I'm genetically blessed with this "svelte" bod drinking all this beer do you? Speaking of... there's an ocean full of beer to drink and a library of video games to play - and then write about in order to justify all the drinking and game playing. Thank God I don't have any kids! Speaking of...

No doubt you've heard the new radio spot for Kaiser-Permenente's "Thrive" campaign about how being a kid is a busy job, right? Well, being a middle-aged man-child ain't no pint of beer lady! I honestly have no idea where the time goes. Is it leaking from some orifice, or is my mind slipping a tad more then it was a month ago?

Whatever... beer will fix 'er right up. Lots and lots of beer.

So yes, I'm still alive just very, very busy. I think I have a tad too many irons in the fire. We'll see. Hopefully one of those irons will start to burn brightly here soon and I can wallow in a bath of beer (like Zane did when he went to the Czech Republic).

Bit I digress...

For now enjoy the hilarious "Real Men of Genius" audio clips off on the right sidebar. I finally got around to fixing them so they all work now. And I'll be adding lots more soon! Just don't try to download them - because you can't. Last thing I need is a C&D from the Big A-B.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I know how you feel Eli. Age is just a frame of mind. I'm creeping up on 49 years this summer and I'm wishing I could stop the clock. My love of beer is definitely putting on some pounds this last year. Work is work and it will always be there waiting for ya. My kids are almost grown. Two out of three are out of the house. If not for the third one still at home, I'd be visiting a lot more breweries and sampling more beers. Cheers to the 40s. Hang on to 'em while you can.