Since tomorrow is Opening Day for the 2011 Major League Baseball season, a bit of baseball news...
AT&T Park, home to the 2010 World Champion San Francisco Giants, will treat its fans to some "special sauce" this year.
Centerplate, the largest hospitality partner to North America's premier sports stadiums will be providing a bevy of new menu items throughout the park. Centerplate's chefs spent the off-season creating menu items worthy of World Champion Fans. New additions include:
- Apple Chicken Sausage and Lamb Sausage served on authentic San Francisco sourdough bread. Having grown up in the Bay Area but now living in Colorado, we miss real SF sourdough. Sure, you can get facsimile's out here, but it's not anywhere close to being the real deal.
- Fresh Seafood - The Centerfield Chowder House will serve a Seafood Combo Platter featuring Ale Battered Cod, Crispy Fried Shrimp, and Calamari over Chowder House Thick Cut Fries. When you stick "ale" and "battered" together... you have perfection.
- Gluten Free Dog - A quarter pound Gluten Free Hot Dog will be served from the Budweiser Brew Pub in Promenade Section 112 and can be coupled with gluten free Kettle snacks along with gluten free Redbridge Beer. This is the only thing I'm going to balk - get it? - over. A gluten free dog at a ballpark? Ok, I get it. Not everyone can suck down gluten like Charlie Sheen sucks down hookers, but still...
- Boneless Chicken Wings that are hand shaken and prepared to order with an extensive assortment of sauces, including blazing hot, sweet Thai chili, basil pesto, bourbon, peach habanero BBQ and lemon salt & pepper
Orlando's in centerfield, "Home of the Cha Cha Bowl," is getting a makeover plus some new menu offerings:
- The Baby Bull: Hand Carved Roasted Tri Tip sandwich prepared with Orlando Cepeda's family recipe marinade. Served piled high on fresh baked torta bread with a choice of Orlando's salsas and traditional toppings. Sign me up for a heaping helping of this bad boy!
- Sweet Potato Fries: Chipotle and Cinnamon tossed fresh cooked sweet potato fries. A new taste sensation guaranteed to compete with AT&T Park's established signature Garlic Fries. The garlic fries are awesome, but I'm a big, big fan of sweet potato fries. They're tastier, and when smothered with chipotle and cinnamon... oh sweet baby Jesus!
- "El Gigantes" Dog: Giant Half Pound All Beef Natural Hot Dog right off an outdoor grill. Apparently you'll be able to top it with queso and Orlando's salsas. Yahtzee!
- Mojito and Margarita Bar: Perfect drink complements to any of the new Orlando's menu items or the Cha Cha Bowl. You can't go wrong with either one of these liquid delights. And if the Giants pull the whole torture routine on us like they did last year... we're gonna need buckets of the stuff!
For the beer geeks out there... directly attached to the ballpark is a very cool beer bar called Public House. We were there in January and had a blast. They have roughly 24 beers on draft and 24 more in bottles, with about 80% of the draft selection coming from local California breweries (naturally). Last time I checked you can even buy a beer at PH and take it back to your seat in the ballpark, so you aren't limited to the macro swill that usually soaks a ball field's concession stands.
Here's to another great season... GO GIANTS!