Monday, December 20, 2010

I left my pint glass in San Francisco

It may not have the same ring as Tony Bennett's classic, but it gets the job done. 

On Wednesday Fran and I will get on a Southwest  plane - bags fly free! - to Northern California to spend Christmas with her family. For a few days we'll be mere minutes from  Russian River Brewing Company in Santa Rosa, so you know I'll be swinging by to get a "few" growlers. 

Question #1:  For those of you in the know, which RRBC beers available in growlers should I get?  I want something different, not something I've had or can get out here in Colorado (like most of the "tion" beers - Temptation, Salvation, etc.).

Bright and early Sunday morning (the day after Christmas) we'll hop in the rental car and head to San Francisco (The City By the Bay) to hang out, drink some beer, and watch the 49ers (her team) take on the Rams (my team).  It's an important game for a division full of losers. If the Niners beat the Rams in St. Louis, and the Seahawks lose to the Buccaneers in Tampa (a very likely scenario), there's suddenly a three way tie for the NFC West (all three will have a record of 6-9). 

As it stands right now we'll be watching the game at 21st Amendment Brewery. They open at 10:00am on Sundays, complete with a brunch. After that we're going to try and hit up Monk's Kettle, Thirsty Bear, and finish the night at Public House (in AT&T Park, the home of the World Champion San Francisco Giants). I'd like to get out to Magnolia Pub, but I'm not sure we'll make it.

Question #2:  What do you SF beer geeks out there think about the above list?  Are there some places we absolutely need to hit more than the others?  If so, let me know. We've been to the Toronado and Gordon Biersch - once is enough.  It doesn't look like Anchor is open to the public on Sundays, so that's out.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas and if you're in the City on Sunday... come have a beer with us!

You can get a hold of me in a number of ways:

  • Twitter @ http://twitter.com/EliShayotovich
  • Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/ElitheMadBeerMan\
  • FourSquare @ http://foursquare.com/elishayotovich
  • Untapped @ http://untappd.com/user/Eli_Shayotovich
  • AIM @ EASth3rd
  • MSN @ EASthe3rd@aol.com
  • Yahoo Messenger @ GameDaily_MadMan

Zivjeli! 
 

2 comments:

I'm Bill Howell. said...

I would have said La Trappe:

800 Greenwich Street
San Francisco, CA 94133
(415) 440-8727

EXCEPT they're closed on Sundays & Mondays too.

Anonymous said...

If you're staying in the city those are pretty good... If you're willing to hop over to Oakland, The Trappist and Beer Revolution are awesome bars.

What's on tap at RR: http://russianriverbrewing.com/pages/chalk.html