Hey there and welcome back to the latest episode of whatever this train wreck happens to be! This week on Epic Beer Time (which is 100% a name steal from Epic Meal Time and nowhere close to being as good as that epic show)...
I slug down a Pilsner from Redhook. This bad boy used to be the seasonal formerly known as Rope Swing, but it was so popular they made it a full time brew. And I give the BBbarfly bottle opener a try. Are you ready for some beer-fu? If not... grab one today!
The Beer: Pilsner from Redhook Ale Brewery in Woodinville, Washington.
From the Brewer: Pilsner is brewed in a traditional Czech style and is the first pilsner Redhook Ale Brewery has ever released. It offers a very soft palate and malt flavors that are offset by a medium dose of destinct Czech hops to bring out its authentic flavors. The refreshing beer finishes with a clean, bright, thirst-quenching quality. Pilsner pairs nicely with barbecued chicken, bratwurst, spicy food, fresh fish, and green salad.
The Beer Box Score
- Style: Pilsner
- ABV: 5.3%
- IBUs: 25
- Malts: Pale, Carapils, Caramel, Munich
- Hops: Saaz
- Yeast: Strain biologically goes back to Czech Republic
- OG: 12.7
- Extras: Aged at near freezing temps for four to six weeks.
- Distribution: Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Washington
- Availability: Year around
- Beer Advocate: B- from users; B+ from brothers
- Rate Beer Score: 31% overall, 41% in style
- Beer Tap TV Rapid Classification: Class I (Pure Flatwater)