FROM THE PRESS RELEASE:
Zane Patrick's Day is not to be confused with St.Patrick's Day. Sure, they both pay homage to Ireland and it's culture. Yes, they do both involve a "fair amount" of drinking. Yes, both of them stoop to the level of celebrating gimmicky green beer. And they both involve singing Irish songs, dancing and good times.
And then there are the differences. One of us is not a Saint. As many of you know Sainthood requires that you perform THREE miracles. I have only accomplished two... Firstly, I was always told that I would never get anywhere drinking and being a wiseass. So, getting paid to host a show where I do just that, is miracle number one. The second miracle is actually keeping said job. To actually get the job was one thing, but to do a good enough job whereby you actually watch it, that's definitely miracle number two. So, one more miracle to go before the Saturday before St. Patrick's Day is called St. Zane's Day. But, as I believe you can't be living and be a Saint, I'm in no rush.
Additionally, Saint Patrick's Day can fall on any day of the week, whereas Zane Patrick's Day is on a Saturday. Other than that... Hmm... I guess it's the same thing. Sweet.
I don't know what you're doing on St. Patrick's Day, so I can't break down the 17th for you. But, I can break down your Zane Patrick's Day, if you're planning on being with me on the 14th...
My Zane Patrick's Day party is happening at The Knitting Factory in NYC
- 12pm-2pm VIP Luncheon
- 2pm-7pm Doors Open
- OPEN BAR (including Guinness, Jameson's, Bushmills, Bailey's and Killian's)
- ZANE! On the stage, in the crowd and in your photos
- Music by the killer Irish band JAMESON'S REVENGE
- A "performance" by STEVE MCKENNA (if you heard about him at New Years, you know he puts on quite a show. Unfortunately, it involves a bit of chest hair.)
- Challenge JIM-THE-COP in a chugging contest. He'll set the time to beat. But you won't need the luck of the Irish on your side, because he's not very good...
- Dave Hill, from MOJO's "King of Miami", will be doing his thang. Don't know what his thang is? Me neither. I'm frightened...
- DJ SHAM-ROCK (aka DJ Merenda) mixing it up on the one's and two's.
- Access to the GREEN ROOM for GREEN BEER! Awesome...
- And... GAMES, OPEN BAR, PRIZES, OPEN BAR, DANCING and OPEN BAR.
For more info, or to buy your ticket, go to ZaneLamprey.com