A Cicerone (pronounced sis-uh-rohn) is one who has proven expertise in beers. Think the beery version of a wine "sommelier." The titles “Certified Cicerone” and “Master Cicerone” are protected certification trademarks and can only be used by those who have passed the requisite test of knowledge and tasting skill.
Ray Daniels, a legend in the beer industry, is the man behind the Cicerone plan. He'll be on the West Coast in November to conduct Certified Cicerone exams as well as a workshop. Exams are scheduled as follows:
- San Diego (Stone World Bistro and Beer Garden) - Nov 15*
- Berkeley/Oakland (More Beer) - Nov 16
- Seattle (Pike Brewery) - Nov 17
Awesome! But I don't live on the West coast! Well, my Cicerone wannabe... you are in luck! Ray will be conducting two Midwest Certified Cicerone exams in November as well:
- Ann Arbor (Vinology) - Nov 9 (11 am - 3 pm)
- Chicago (Siebel Institute) - Nov 23 (11 am - 3 pm)
Contact Ray Daniels if you have any questions or wish to reserve a spot in the class. Ray can be reached at email@example.com.